Welcome Brothers & Sisters
St. Joseph Parish was established in 1953. At that time it consisted of a bare patch of desert on Tucson's far East side. Today, St. Joseph Parish is one of the finest in Tucson and serves over 2,600 registered families, with 500 children in the school.
Monsignor Bernard Healy founded the Parish on August 8, 1953 and was Pastor until his death in July, 1974. He led the Parish through the building of the first church, now Healy Hall, the school, the convent, now the Parish Center, and the new church, where Mass was first celebrated on December 18, 1966.
Father Fredric F. Curry came to the Parish in September 1974, followed by Father Thomas O'Flannigan on April 10, 1981. Father John F. Allt became Pastor on November 1, 1994. Father Miguel Mariano became Pastor in October 1, 2008. Father Ricky V. Ordonez became Pastor on July 1, 2014. Father Robert A. Rodriguez became Pastor on July 1 2018